Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

FALLing for Turtlenecks

Missoni Cashmere and wool-blend sweater

I don't know about you but as a child I hated turtlenecks.  We're talking I-can't-believe-how-dorky-I-look hate.  Years later the 'message', if you will, of the turtleneck became loud and clear.  So I put one on and suddenly it was clear to me... this isn't dorky, it's mature.  That was the problem, I wasn't ready to be mature back in elementary school(who is?!).  But as a teenager, I had realized that there would always be a place for everything somewhere, someday.  That day had come.  And, years later, appreciation for the shirt has grown into a kind of love.  And, by the looks of it, the runway feels the same way.

So here's to the easy to wear snuggle-neck shirt that enters fall/winter wardrobe with adoration.

While the turtleneck is beautiful alone, feel free to play with this staple.  Layer under a (sweater)vest or 3/4 sleeve blouse for a warm, experienced look.  Tight sleeves present a backdrop for your favorite cuff.  Or add a statement necklace for a strong impact.  I prefer to match it with drop earrings and hair pulled back for a polished look.

Let's see what's out there:



Staples

Color/Patterns

Sweaters

Dresses



How do you wear your turtleneck?

No comments:

Post a Comment